Dr. Rashid Mahmood
Head of Department of Physiology / Professor
Prof. Dr. Rashid Mahmood graduated (MBBS) from Khyber Medical College, Peshawar in 1985. He completed his M. Phil in Physiology from Khyber Medical College, Peshawar, in 2003. He did CHPE from Khyber Medical University, Peshawar in Session 2016-I. He joined Rehman Medical College in 2014 as Head & Professor of Physiology. He is also the Incharge of Postgraduate Medical Education Department, Supervisor CPD (Continuous Professional Development) Forum, Member RMI Education Question Bank Core Committee, Member Central Curriculum Committee & Year Chair 2nd Year Curriculum Committee.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Renal Physiology
- Gastrointestinal Physiology
- Human Physiology
- M. Phil
- At least 78 certificates for attending different workshops/ Conferences/ Presentations etc
- Certificate of Appreciation for Excellent Performance in Teaching at Institute of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Khyber Medical University, Peshawar (Teacher Evaluation Survey June, 2011)
- Certificate of Appreciation by Principal, Rehman Medical College for best result in KMU
- 3rd best presentation award at 9th Biennial International Conference of Pakistan Physiological Society held on April 2-4,2004 at Ayub Medical College, Abbottabad on presenting
- 3rd best presentation award in 8th Biennial International Conference of Pakistan Physiological Society held on March 11,12-2002 at Nishtar Medical College, Multan
- Member Curriculum Committee, Rehman Medical College, Peshawar
- Year chair 2nd year curriculum committee, Rehman Medical College, Peshawar
- Ex-Acting Dean, Rehman Medical Institute, Peshawar
- Member Postgraduate Curriculum Committee, Rehman Medical College, Peshawar
- Technical reviewer of National accreditation framework for Medical & Dental schools in Pakistan-2019
- Certified Inspector of PM&DC to inspect Medical Colleges
- Supervisor, CPD (Continuous Professional Forum) Rehman Medical College
- Currently working as Incharge, Post Graduate Medical Education Department, Rehman Medical College, Peshawar.
- Worked as Director, Post Graduate Medical Education Committee, Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar. (w.e.f. 1/9/2010 to 29/5/2013)
- Project Reviewer at Higher Education Commission; Journal of Medical Sciences, Khyber Medical College, Peshawar; ABMS (Advances in Basic Medical Sciences); PJP (Pakistan Journal of Physiology) and JPMA (Journal of Pakistan Medical Association)
- Twice Vice President of Pakistan Physiological Society, Pakistan.
- Councilor (Three times) of Pakistan Physiological Society representing KPK Province
- Ex-Member of Institutional Administration Committee, Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar; Library Committee, Khyber Medical College, Peshawar; Module Curriculum Committee, Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar; Prospectus Committee, KPK Medical Colleges; Research Committee, Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar; Selection Committee, BPS-17 and above, Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar; Editorial Advisory Board, Khyber Journal of Medical Sciences, Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar.
- Letters of appreciation from principal, Khyber Girls Medical College on 15/10/2008, 16/12/2008 & 26/9/2011
- Presented 2 Health related programs on Radio AND 3 programs on television (Health related)
- Written 4 articles in different newspapers
- Life-time Achievement award, KGMC, Peshawar.
- Co-opted (Expert ) Member of Khyber Medical University Inspection Team for Inspection of Medical Colleges
- Examiner, Federal Public Service Commission
- Undergraduate (MBBS, M.Phil), and Postgraduate (M.Phil) Examiner
- Supervisor, M.Phil Scholars
- Ex-Secretary, Joint Admission Committee, KPK Medical Colleges
- Ex- Vice Principal, Al-Razi Medical College, Peshawar.
- Life Member, Pakistan Physiological Society
- Pakistan Physiological Society is Registered Society of Physiologists of Pakistan, Adhering Body of International Union of Physiological Sciences (IUPS), Member of Federation of Asian and Oceanian Physiological Societies (FAOPS), and South Asian Association of Physiologists (SAAP).
- I have been elected twice the Vice President of the Society, and twice the Councilor from KP
- Life Member, Pakistan Academy of Family Physicians
- Associate Member, Pakistan Pediatric Association
- Ex-Member, Royal College of General Practitioners